Monday, December 3, 2012

week 13: Batwoman


Okay well. How do I even begin to talk about this movie. Well this week I decided to watch Cartoon Noir on Netflix and overall I am quite shocked sitting here now. after getting to the alien abduction part I called it quits because it just started heading in a really weird direction and I think I have had enough of this movie. I do have to say though, before it started to take a turn for the weird it was AMAZING. The first two bits about the mannequins and the cat were absolutely precious. Lets start with the cat and the moon. For an opening it was so simple and sweet and perfect. Such a strong beginning and a step in a right direction to get the audience interested and gets them interacting listening to the story and deciphering the the imagery of how the cat and the moon play the roles of the story. Now, the mannequins. Holy cow this bit was the most precious thing. How does someone even come up with this stuff. I am absolutely amazed with the characterization and how each acquired such a voice and a way about them, so much personality without showing facial emotion and words. I really cant even decide which bit is my favorite but some parts that really made me laugh is this crazy lady playing the harp. It really made me see and pay attention to the little things done in this to tell a story. How they started very grungy and normal and jumping from that right into this world on new hip mannequins and the simple fact of just adding colors through these new mannequins really transports the story to a new place by such a simple thing. The things that come along we it are so clever. switching from the normal dirty clothes to crazy prints and switching from food made of paper to food made to look bright like potion concoctions, so simple and really effective. I’m glad I was able to see these first two clips but I don’t think I want to finish all of the other really creepy video’s.



No comments:

Post a Comment